Hiring for Success - Behavioral Interviewing Techniques
Hiring for Success - Behavioral Interviewing Techniques for a Single Unique User Course (Online subscription only)
Hiring for Success: Behavioral Interviewing Techniques
Interviewing sounds easy enough: you arrange for a conversation between you and potential candidates and then select the best person for a particular position. But what if you could refine the process in such a way that you were confident that you are selecting the right person? How do you separate the good from the great, when they have similar work experience and strengths to offer? This workshop will give you the skills and tools to hire successful candidates.
This two-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Recognize the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made.
- Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
- Prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets.
- Be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
- Use traditional, behavioral, achievement-oriented, holistic, and situational (critical incident) interview questions.
- Enhance communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter.
- Effectively interview difficult applicants.
- Check references more effectively.
- Understand the basic employment and human rights laws that can affect the hiring process.