Successfully Managing Change
Change Management - Change and How to Deal With It for a Single Unique User Course (Online subscription only)
Successfully Managing Change
Change is something that excites people who love opportunities for growth, to see and learn about new things, or who like to shift the status quo. Some changes, however, are harder to adjust to and lead to expressions of resistance and anger. We can take concrete steps to make change more palatable by understanding people’s hesitation, enlisting the help of others, setting up plans, and managing stressors. These steps can also ensure that desired changes are implemented successfully.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn how to manage and cope with change and how to help those around you, too.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants to:
- Accept there are no normal or abnormal ways of reacting to change, but that we must start from where we are.
- See change not as something to be feared and resisted but as an essential element of the world to be accepted.
- Understand that adapting to change is not technical but attitudinal. Change is not an intellectual issue but one that strikes at who you are.
- Recognize that before we can embrace the way things will be, we may go through a process of grieving, and of letting go of the way things used to be.
- See change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation.
- Identify strategies for helping change to be accepted and implemented in the workplace.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
What is Change?
To begin the day, we will discuss some basics of change, including definitions and examples.
What is Change Management
During this session, we will explore the benefits of using a planned approach to changes.
The Human Reaction to Change
This session will look at Daryl Conner’s interpretation of the human response to change through lecture and small group work.
The Pace of Change
In this session, we will look at how different people react to change in different ways and at different times.
Dealing with Resistance
During this session, we will examine what resistance is and how we can overcome it to make change stick.
Adapting to Change
This session will discuss how to become resilient to change through adjusting attitudes and overcoming the fear of it.
Coping with Reactions to Change
People often feel stress when change is taking place. In this session, participants will learn about several approaches to dealing with this stress.
Delivering Your Message
When dealing with change, it is important to provide communication and make sure that it is clear and understood. During this session, participants will learn ways to deliver a clear and effective message.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.